Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A few things

Blogger is still a pain to get into, but I have persevered!

I'm back, baby!!

OK. I said I would post my questions for the postmodern none-apologetic approach thing. It will also help me, cos I need to get around to writing something soon, so you can tell me off via comments if i don't!

"What is the pont of different denominations?"

and

"Why does God let people suffer?"


My ponderings so far for denominations:
Churches are like families - there might be a brother who prefers to sit and read a book, a sister who'd rather have her music up full volume and a wacky uncle that people get embarrased by. In a postive vein; there may be differences - but we're glad they are all part of the family.

Ponderings on suffering. The short answer which needs considerable development is:
I don't know - but I do believe that where there is suffering God is right in there along side. There would be a personal illustration too. I want to eschew the whole, " well, sin, you see..." as that may be theologically correct - but i've never known it to comfort anyone going through real pain. And besides, there are plenty of more trad apologetic sites that people could get that from anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brush said...

welcome back girl!

(resisting tempttion to talk about arguing over a single iota considering you've missed one in poInt...)

denominations... simple logical answer there are MILLIONS of us... You can't gather the family all together all the time when it's that big and when you have to meet in smaller groups those smaller groups naturally differ from each other.

Suffering is often a result of human action. Not always. But often. God allows suffering because he allows free will. God also gives his GRACE and LOVE freely in all our free choices and the joy and suffering it can cause.

how's that?

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home